THE ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN PHYSICIANS IN THE AMERICAS (ANPA), was incorporated in 1995 for educational, scientific, charitable and social purposes as a tax-exempt non-profit organization under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
ANPA represents the professional, political and social interests of 4,000 plus physicians, dentists and allied health professionals of Nigerian birth, ethnicity or empathy in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean providing a platform for medical, scientific, political and social dialogue on issues of health within North America, the Caribbean, and Africa, pertinent to persons of descent from the Nigerian Diaspora.
Our Vision & Mission
“A Healthier Nigeria in a Healthier World”
1). Foster personal and professional growth of the membership through the promotion of altruism and scholarship
2). Identify and stimulate interest in all matters affecting the health of Nigerians
3). Encourage the development of practical solutions to Nigerian health care problems through strategic initiative and field activities inside Nigeria
4). Seek collaborative research opportunities in the international medical community and contribute to improved health care in the Americas and worldwide
- Continuing Medical Education credits (CMEs)
- Automatic enrollment in both national & local chapters
- Leadership opportunities through Board service and/or committee involvement
- Access to specialized, informative emails, blogs, newsletters, etc.
- Annual Meeting discount
- Ability to post and review available jobs
- Opportunities to serve and/or support medical missions
- Speaking opportunities at the annual meeting
- Membership spotlight
- Access to private membership directory
- Referral program
- To support the mission! Help improve the quality of life of both Nigerians and others less fortunate through community service, supporting efforts to make healthcare more accessible and affordable and (build pathways) collaborating to develop sustainable solutions!